How To: The Bend
Perfectly – un-perfect hair is the only way to describe The Bend. Messy… “this is what I look like when I wake up” hair, that appears effortless, but takes a little work.
This look can be done simply with a flat iron, however, flat iron waves are tricky to master and never look uniform. The following technique is easy and controllable.
‣ Styling Cream
‣ Heat Protectant
‣ 1 – 1.5 inch Curling Iron
‣ Flat Iron
‣ Texturizing Spray or Hair Spray
‣ On second day hair, apply a styling cream to add some grip to the hair. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Cream
‣ Next apply some sort of heat protectant to the hair; spray/oil/cream. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Argan Oil
‣ With the curling iron, begin curling 3 inches down from the roots. Haphazardly curl entire head rotating the iron inward than outward. Don’t worry too much about shape of the curl – it will be fixed in a moment.
‣ Once hair is curled and cooled, take flat iron and straighten the ends of the all curls – at least 2 inches from bottom.
‣ If happy with the results, no need to go any further. If, however, some of the curls are “too curly/prom curls” – run the flat iron gently over them. This will remove the curly-ness and result in The Bend.
‣ Finish off the hair with a texturizing spray or hair spray. TRY: Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray.
The model in the picture is wearing extensions. This look is easier to achieve with some length. If you want to add some extensions, try these: SKR Hair. In a set of SKR Extensions you will receive ten wefts. One of the wefts in the set is an ingenious Quad Weft (4 strips of hair sewn-on to one strip). This piece can be worn with the other wefts or on it’s own. It is extremely comfortable and instantly adds length, volume and body.
Posted on June 8, 2012, in Beauty, Features, Hair, How To and tagged body, Clip-In Hair Extensions, comfortable, controllable, cooled, cream, curling iron, Curls, curly-ness, Easy, effortless, finish hair, flat iron, grip, Hair Spray, hair tutorial, heat protectant, How To: The Bend, inward, length, messy hair, model, Needed, oil, one inch, Oribe Apres Beach, Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray, outward, prom curls, quad weft, roots, run over curls, runway hair, Rusk Being Sexy Argan Oil, Rusk Being Sexy Cream, Second-Day Hair, shape of curl, SKR HAIR, spray, straighten ends, strips of hair, styling cream, technique, Texturizing Spray, too curly, try, un-perfect hair, uniform, volume, wavey hair, weft. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.