How To: Nude Lip
Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.
Posted on October 8, 2012, in Beauty, Features, How To, Lips and tagged add depth, application, Apply lipstick, avoide beige tones, beige tones, best nudes, blot layer of foundation, Blush, bronze, caramel-toned nudes, chocolate tones, choosing color for skin tone, choosing the right color, classic, clot lips, coffee toned, contour, cool, creamy-toned beige, dark-toned skin, deeper than lipstick, define lips, dull, fair skin, favorites, foundation, glossy finish, Glow-T, golden browns, golden skin, gray, how to, how to apply nude lip, illusion of plumper lips, latte, line lips, Lip Brush, Lip Color, lips liook bigger, lips look plumper, Matte Finish, mocha, moisturize lips, Needed, neutral, nude lip, nude lip liner, nude lipgloss, nude lipstick, olive skin, olive tones, pale apricot, pale skin, peaches, perfect nude lip, pinks, plump the lips, prep lips, reapply, satin finish, shade, silver-toned, skin tone, smokey eye, soft pinks, trend, truest color, warm beige, washed-out, yellow undertones. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.