Currently crushing on jewelry designer, Vanessa Mooney. Impeccably detailed, her pieces are fresh and always on-trend. Inspired by her travels, Mooney sources her materials from all-over the world. From bracelets to rings, the designs are unique but wearable, perfect for stacking and layering. Mooney is currently expanding her art with collections of handbags and footwear.
Here are a few of my favorite pieces:
Acacia Spike Necklace: $60.00
The Mesa Bracelet: $45.00
Akha Earrings: $79.00
Silver Pyramid Stud Earrings: $38.00 (sale)
The Juliet Black Statement Necklace: $250.00
Pewter Shark Tooth Ring: $45.00
Small Brass Cage Cuff: $200.00
Gold Ghetto Chain Necklace: $70.00
About Vanessa Mooney:
Born in 1980, Vanessa Mooney is a rare breed of a Hollywood rebel, harnessing a unique look and attitude, which transcends into her distinctive accessories line. The great-granddaughter of Harry Warner (one of the original Warner Bros.) has been infatuated with the freedom that art provides and obsessed with all forms of art, music and fashion, her entire life. It was in 2009 when she founded her eponymous line under a core idea: let uninhibited design intuition lead the way. Self-taught, Vanessa designs everything in her studio in Downtown Los Angeles, combining unexpected materials and techniques that make each design feel brand new. Eclectic in her personal style choices, she portrays “model-off-duty” fashion with a rock ‘n’roll, boho-chic edge. An avid traveler with a keen interest for unexpected beauty, she derives inspiration from different ethnicities and cultures.With an ever growing following embracing her designs including celebrities like Katie Holmes, Vanessa Hudgens, Venus Williams, Jennifer Lopez, Lily Allen, Juliette Lewis, Devendra Banhart and Hayden Panettiere… Vanessa Mooney may just be the one to watch. Her pieces can be found in over 500 of the top specialty stores and boutiques in the U.S. and abroad, including Bergdorf Goodman, Cusp, ShopBop, Madison and American Rag Cie. She can also be found in pages of Harper’s Bazaar, In Style, Nylon, Cosmopolitan, Us Weekly, Marie Claire and Glamour to name a few. She has scored high-profile collaborations with premiere U.S. retailers like: Calypso, Urban Outfitters, Club Monaco, Madewell, and is now expanding into handbags and footwear. Handcrafted, often intricate, always unique and ever imaginative; Vanessa Mooney is a brand, a lifestyle, a state of mind.
Regarded as the Queen of Cleansing, Eve Lom is one of the most acclaimed and sought-after facialists in the world. Her skincare philosophy is that when it comes to achieving great skin, less is more.
The basis of Eve Lom skincare regime is cleansing. The Eve Lom cleanser is concocted of a powerful blend of Egyptian chamomle, hops, clove, coccoa butter and eucalyptus oil that is suitable for all skin types. This product tones, exfoliates and cleanses all-in-one to achieve perfectly balanced skin.
The cleanser comes with a woven muslin cloth, used to improve skin circulation while cleansing and exfoliates the skin in minutes. It makes your skin feel baby soft and removes absolutely everything.
The Eve Lom Cleanser has been described by Vogue as the “best cleanser in the world” and is also a cult-product used by women all over the world.
EVE LOM CLEANSING TIPS:
- Once a day, at night, for normal/dry skin types
- Twice a day, morning and night, for oily/very oily skin types
- Massage a small amount onto the face and neck over grime and make-up from the day. At this stage the cleanser will remove all forms of make-up from the skin.
- Fill a basin with hot water and immerse the muslin cloth. Squeeze off excess water and gently press the cloth onto the face and neck for a few seconds. The heat will soften the skin and open the pores, allowing the aromatic oils to cleanse the skin of impurities. For the optimum cleanse, repeat this stage three times.
- Fold the hot, rinsed cloth into a square and work it in small, circular movements across the face and neck to remove all traces of Cleanser.
- The muslin will gently exfoliate the skin surface and encourage blood circulation, leaving the skin feeling exceptionally smooth.
- When using the Cleanser at night, add this step. Rinse the cloth in cool water and press onto the face and neck.
- This helps close the pores, giving the skin a more even, toned appearance. It also leaves the skin feeling fresh and ultra clean.