Tory Burch’s Madeline Peplum Sweater is a great transitional piece as we await the cold weather. The mid-weight angora and wool blend provides comfortable wear with a flattering fit. Available in Wildberry (pictured), Camel and Black, the peplum style offers a subtle twist on a classic pullover.
The fluttering peplum hem is this season’s most feminine silhouette. Toughen the look with a leather pant or bold print. Or keep it classic with a sophisticated pencil skirt or designer denim.
Sweaters are a comfortable and cozy must-have for colder months, but can get very monotonous and well… boring. Make the season’s staple more interesting with a spicy shade or fresh structure. It will brighten up even the gloomiest of days.
⋄ Cream Eyeshadow that matches skintone or Eyeshadow Primer
⋄ Powder Eyeshadow that matches skintone
⋄ Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Powder Eye Shadow that matches Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Pencil Brush
1. Apply cream eyeshadow or primer over eyelid to create a smooth base. Apply matching powder eyeshadow to set.
2. Use kohl eye pencil to trace top lashline from the inner to outer corners (this does not need to be perfect).
3. With pencil brush – start smudging. The goal is to have the darkest line close the lashline as color fades up.
4. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and blend the color up and outward from the pencil liner. (the higher you take this on the eyelid the more dramatic the look).
5. On the lower lashline, use kohl eye pencil to create tiny dots between lashes.
6. With pencil brush – start smudging. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and smudge to set.
7. Use Q-Tip to clean-up. Finish with two heavy coats of black mascara.
Optional: For more drama, line upper and lower waterline.
Tip: I like to finish this look by sweeping a light soft brown eyeshadow in the crease. This will warm-up the entire eye area.
Highlighting click pens are gaining more and more popularity. A hybrid of a concealer and illuminator, these products promise to create eight hours of sleep and bring instant radiance to the skin. The #1 seller in this particular category has always been YSL Touche Eclat.
Terry De Gunzberg, former Director of Makeup Creation at YSL, has her own cosmetics line, BY TERRY. In her years at YSL, she was the mastermind behind YSL’s international best seller Touche Eclat. However, De Gunzburg’s very own take on her wonder product, Touche Veloutée, is even better than the original.
Using soft focus pigments, Touche Veloutée is a nourishing botanical affair that both plumps and lifts the under eye. It’s light reflecting particles create true radiance and an instant pick-me-up. Suitable for use on all areas of the face, the texture is luxuriously creamy, smooth when dried, and completely seamless to blend.
*** Do not buy these products for concealer purposes. The coverage is extremely sheer – if there at all. Use primarily as a highlighter.
Terry De Gunzberg
“By focusing on the rarest pigments and the purest active ingredients, I have uncovered the quintessence of perfect light. This has allowed me to create modern, precious makeup that harmonizes with the daily rhythms of your natural radiance. Favorite Tip: When you’ve finished doing your eye makeup, use the Touche Veloutée as a highlighter. This works especially well with the smoky eye look. Put a tiny dot under your brows and blend – it will help accentuate the brow bone.”
Regarded as the Queen of Cleansing, Eve Lom is one of the most acclaimed and sought-after facialists in the world. Her skincare philosophy is that when it comes to achieving great skin, less is more.
The basis of Eve Lom skincare regime is cleansing. The Eve Lom cleanser is concocted of a powerful blend of Egyptian chamomle, hops, clove, coccoa butter and eucalyptus oil that is suitable for all skin types. This product tones, exfoliates and cleanses all-in-one to achieve perfectly balanced skin.
The cleanser comes with a woven muslin cloth, used to improve skin circulation while cleansing and exfoliates the skin in minutes. It makes your skin feel baby soft and removes absolutely everything.
The Eve Lom Cleanser has been described by Vogue as the “best cleanser in the world” and is also a cult-product used by women all over the world.
EVE LOM CLEANSING TIPS:
- Once a day, at night, for normal/dry skin types
- Twice a day, morning and night, for oily/very oily skin types
- Massage a small amount onto the face and neck over grime and make-up from the day. At this stage the cleanser will remove all forms of make-up from the skin.
- Fill a basin with hot water and immerse the muslin cloth. Squeeze off excess water and gently press the cloth onto the face and neck for a few seconds. The heat will soften the skin and open the pores, allowing the aromatic oils to cleanse the skin of impurities. For the optimum cleanse, repeat this stage three times.
- Fold the hot, rinsed cloth into a square and work it in small, circular movements across the face and neck to remove all traces of Cleanser.
- The muslin will gently exfoliate the skin surface and encourage blood circulation, leaving the skin feeling exceptionally smooth.
- When using the Cleanser at night, add this step. Rinse the cloth in cool water and press onto the face and neck.
- This helps close the pores, giving the skin a more even, toned appearance. It also leaves the skin feeling fresh and ultra clean.
Powder highlighting products can often look artificial. Dior Poudre Shimmer in Amber Diamond highlights the complexion with subtle sheen. Formulated with “Jeweled Microdust,” a finely micro-milled powder, the tiny particles kiss the light and leave skin radiant and glowing.
In typical Dior fashion, packaging arrives beautifully in a velvet pouch with a sturdy royal blue mirrored compact. The product consists of five blendable colors in varying sizes; ivory, pale pink, bronze, frosty rose and peach. Each individual shade can be worn alone as a highlight, on-top of blush or as an eye shadow or swirled together to create a warm and glowing champagne/gold sheen. The oil-free powder applies like silk and emits a soft illuminating glow.
Dior Poudre Shimmer is perfect for both young and mature skin. The finely-milled powder has no trace of glitter or sparkle, therefore will not emphasize fine lines or problem areas. It is designed to blend accurately with the skin’s natural tone for an even smooth finish. The universal shade works on every skin tone, making it an effective product all-year-round.
✒Lip Liner (MAC Red)
✒Favorite Red Lipstick (Tom Ford Cherry Lush)
✒Apply a light coat of concealer to the perimeter of the lips and on-top of lips. This step will help the lipstick stay and obtain truest color.
✒Set concealer with powder to prevent lipstick from bleeding. Keep powder on the outer edges of the lips to prevent lips from looking dry.
✒Starting in the middle, use lip liner to fill in the lips. Layering is key when applying bright colors. The more layers applied, the longer to come-off.
✒Blend the liner using a flat lip brush.
✒Load the lip brush with color from the bullet of the lipstick. By getting more product on the brush initially, application is easier.
✒Use the lip brush to apply the first layer of lipstick.
✒Between layers, blot lips with a tissue to take away excess moisture.
✒Use the lip brush to apply the second layer of lipstick.
Optional: If you want some shine – add a clear gloss to only the center of both lips. This will make lips appear larger. I like using a clear gloss for high-shine, this way it will not alter the color.
Reverse lip liners are a trade secret makeup artist have been using for years. These lip liners prevent lipstick/lipgloss from feathering outside the lip line, without adding extra color.
The Cargo Reverse Lip Liner is a natural colored liner that provides definition, creating the appearance plumper lips. When this product is applied to the outside of the lip line and blended, the natural tone highlights and contours the lip’s shape, instantly creating fuller lips. This liner is unique in color, most products on the market are clear and are used primarily to keep the lip product in place.
Due to consistency and color, this multi-functional liner can also be used to: rim the lower lash line creating a wide-awake look, use as a concealer on blemishes or hyper pigmentation or use to define the shape of neglected brows by drawing over vexatious hairs.
Find a use for the Cargo Reverse Lip Liner that suits you and experiment. Just make sure to blend thoroughly to avoid the look of a milk-mustache.
Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit is a palette of two complementary powders, dark and light, that help contour, sculpt and correct the face structure.
Contouring provides definition to the face by accentuating and/or minimizing features. By simply adding shadows, which create dimension, one can sculpt cheekbones, thin/lengthen/shorten the nose and/or make face look thinner.
- Angled Brush
- A dark matte powder or cream (2 shades darker than skintone)
- A light matte powder or cream (1-2 shades lighter than skintone)
1. In order to find the contours of the face – make a fishy-face.
2. See diagram and apply where dark shade is placed. The diagram is for placement purposes only. Do not just draw a streak of color down the cheek. Blend…Blend…Blend…
3. See diagram and apply where highlighter is placed. Blend…Blend…Blend…
Contouring all of these areas is not necessary on everyone. Each face structure is different. Find the problem areas you would like to correct and go from there.
The Per-fekt Cheek Perfection Gel Duo uses two products to create radiant skin. The two different shades, Blushed and Bronzed, instantly enhance the cheeks appearance.
The formula consists of a gel-like texture that smooths beautifully over the skin to create a flawless canvas. Silicone-based, this silky gel reduces the appearance of redness and discoloration, enlarged pores, fine lines and shine. The formula also contains Niacin (Vitamin B3) which helps increase circulation, Caffeine, Vitamin A and E, antioxidants that protect from free radicals.
The Per-fekt Cheek Perfection Gel Duo provides both a bronzer and blush product. The colors of these products are quite intimidating. The bronzer is a dark green-based brown and the blusher, a deep rosy red. I prefer to mix the two products to create a warmer pink-flushed cheek. A drop of product is all that is needed for application, the gels are extremely pigmented but blend easily.
These products are not the simplest to apply, some precision and control is needed. I prefer applying the product with a brush because it renders more control. I use a dense contour brush (MAC 109), and stipple the product on the skin in circular motions.
The Cheek Perfection Duo can also be used on the body, try a little bronzer on the décollage for a sun-kissed appearance. When applied Per-fektly, these products are a great option for the cheeks, however, if not heedful it can end up a duo-disaster.
The one item needed in every women’s makeup arsenal!
The Beauty Blender is a small elliptical-shaped sponge that creates an exquisite finish to the skin. The unique shape gets into every contour and crevice of the face that allows you to flawlessly apply your makeup. When damp, the Beauty Blender doubles in size. Use with a gentle patting motion all over the face and down the neck. Perfect with all assortments of foundations and concealers.