▶ Starting at your feet, brush in small circular motions. All skin brushing movements should be focused towards the heart, this will encourage blood circulation and lymphatic flow. Apply very light pressure in areas where skin is thin to avoid broken skin, rashes, or irritation.
Healthy Skin from Within: Nordic Naturals Complete Omega – 3.6.9
Posted by Ashling Moss
There are a million reasons to take an omega-3 supplement everyday. One of the many is that EFAs or essential fatty acids control a large number of cellular processes in the body that directly relate to the health of your skin, hair and nails. Before I get to that, let’s look at the numerous benefits of fish oil.
Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are considered “essential fats” because they are required for optimal health but cannot be produced by the body. EFAs can be found in fish, flaxseeds, walnuts and canola. Fish oil supplies the most beneficial omega-3s, which are: EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Eating actual fish (mostly oily, cold water fish like salmon, tuna, herring and sardines) is the best food source of EPA and DHA, but due to concerns about toxins such as mercury, a fish oil supplement is the safest source.
OMEGA-3: EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
*Healthy heart and body*
- Maintains a healthy heart and circulatory system
- Enhances joint flexibility and movement
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Supports optimal metabolism and body composition
- Promotes balanced blood sugar levels
- Supports the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response
OMEGA-3: DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
*Healthy mood, mind and memory*
- Supports learning and memory
- Promotes positive mood and well-being
- Supports and protects the brain, eyes, nervous and immune systems
- Essential for the proper development of infants and children
- Recommended by physicians for pregnant and lactating women
OMEGA-6: GLA (Gamma-Linolenic Acid)
*Healthy skin, hair and hormones*
- Nourishes hair and skin
- Supports healthy joints
- Enhances Hormonal Balance
- Maintains optimal body fat metabolism
- Supports positive mood
- Supports a regular menstrual cycle
OMEGA-9: OA (Oleic Acid)
*Healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels*
- Naturally occurs in fish oil
- A “good for you: omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acid
- Supports healthy blood vessel function
- Promotes healthy cell membrane structure
Healthy Skin from Within:
Our skin cells need plenty of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Without these, our skin can become dry, dull, prone to premature aging and even inflamed. There are two key essential fatty acids that your skin and hair will love. Since your body doesn’t manufacture them, they must be sourced through food and/or supplements.
Omega-3s in fish oil have been shown to:
- Keep the skin hydrated thus helping to prevent dry skin and other skin conditions
- Help soothe scaly, rough skin by reducing unnecessary inflammation
- Improve blood flow and support the elasticity of red blood cells thereby providing more oxygen to nourish the skin
- Encourage the production of strong collagen and elastin fibers in the dermis making skin look younger by reducing wrinkling and sagging
GLA is an Omega-6 fatty acid that occurs naturally in evening primrose and borage oils and has shown to:
- Relieve dry skin
- Reduce hair loss
- Provide relief for eczema, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis
Your skin is the largest organ in the body and allows approximately 60% of “what goes on it, to go inside it”. Anything that increases the body’s ability to maintain integrity in our highly polluted world is a plus for your beauty routine.
Nordic Naturals is the leading manufacturer of fish oil in the United States. They are committed to delivering the world’s safest, most effective omega oils. The Complete Omega – 3.6.9 is an omega-rich blend that contains all the needed ingredients to support heart health, brain function, positive mood, healthy joints, as well as healthy hair, skin and nails. It has a fresh lemon taste that ensures no fishy smell, taste or aftertaste and all research is based on third-party test results – resulting in an honest and pure product. You will not find a better fish oil than Nordic Naturals.
Posted in Beauty, Hair, Health, Nails, Skincare
Tags: 60%, aftertaste, atopic dermatitis, beauty routine, best food source, blood vessel function, body, body composition, body fat, brain, brain function, canola, cell membrane structure, cellular process, childresn, cholesterol levels, circulatory system, cold water fish, collagen, development, DHA, docosahexaenoic acid, dry, dull skin, EFAs, effective, Eicosapentaenoic acid, elasticity, elastin fibers, Enhances joint flexibility, EPA, essentail fatty acids, essential fats, eyes, families of essential fats, fine lines, fish, fish oil, fishy smell, fishy taste, flaxseeds, Gamma-Linolenic Acid, healthy blood pressure, healthy fats, healthy hair, healthy hormones, healthy joints, healthy mood, healthy nails, healthy skin, Healthy Skin from Within, heart health, heart healthy, herring, honest, hormonal balance, immune system, infants, inflamed, inflammation, lactating women, largest organ, leading manufacturer, learning, lemon taste, Maintains a healthy heart, memory, mercury, metabolism, mind, minerals, monounsaturated fatty acid, movement, nervous system, Nordic Naturals, nourishes hair and skin, nutrients, OA, Oleic Acid, Omega 3, omega oils, Omega-6, Omega-9, omega-rich blend, optimal health, oxygen, pollution, pregnancy, premature aging, prevent dry sin, Promotes balanced blood sugar levels, Promotes healthy immune function, psoriasis, pure, purity, red blood cells, reduce hair loss, regular menstrual cycle, relief for exzema, rough skin, safest, safest source, sagging skin, salmon, sardines, skin cells, skin conditions, skin hydrated, soothe scaly, supplement, Supports optimal metabolism, Supports the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response, third-party test results, toxins, tuna, United States, vitamins, walnuts, well-being, wrinkles
How To: Glowing Skin
Posted by Ashling Moss
Glowing skin is as easy as 1./2./3. For a special occasion or just to pamper yourself try these steps to achieve glowing, healthy skin.
1. Dry Brush: Rejuvenates, invigorates and rids the skin of accumulated toxins. Brushing the skin helps unclog pores, increase it’s ability to absorb nutrients, increase circulation to the skin cells resulting in a better metabolic cellular exchange and correct problem areas like cellulite. Healthy skin needs to breathe. Rid it regularly of dry skin cells and the body will react by producing new skin cells more rapidly. Your skin will immediately loose that dry, pasty appearance and feel silky smooth.
2. Sea Salt Scrub: Sea salt, derived from evaporated seawater, is chock full of minerals and nutrients beneficial to the skin: magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride, sodium and bromide. These nutrients activate the circulatory system, nourish the skin, soothe the nerves and decrease arthritic discomfort. A good sea salt scrub can breathe new life into tired dull skin.
▶ Gently massage the salt scrub into the skin. Again, start from the feet and work towards the heart. Let the scrub rest on your skin for a few seconds to all allow all oils to absorb in the skin. If you can tolerate it, alternate between warm and cool water to really boost circulation – always ending with the cool water.
Favorite: red flower Italian Blood Orange Isla Das Rocas Revitalizing Sea Salt Scrub The fresh scent of orange blossom, grapefruit, lime and orange rind offer instant spa-esque invigoration. Key ingredients include: Salt crystals (harvested in the islands on the south atlantic coastline) unrefined and enriched with health-enhancing minerals / Sea algae, a protein and vitamin rich anti-oxidant / Aloe vera, naturally cooling, healing and moisturizing / Botanical essential oils, fresh and purely scented and certified organic oil.
3. Moisturize: Apply lotion to damp skin immedietly after bath or shower, this is when skin will retain the most moisture. All of the scrubbing done prior, will increase the ability for nutrients to absorb into the skin. Massage deeply into the skin using your favorite cream or lotion and/or my secret weapon…
Secret Weapon: Johnson’s Baby Oil Gel with Shea and Cocoa Butter Ever wonder how Victoria’s Secret models get that healthy dewy skin? This is it. The thick gel locks in moisture for hours and leaves skin soft, supple and shiny. (If the consistency is too thick for you, start with favorite lotion and then apply this product strategically to tops of shins, thighs, forearms and collerbone.)
Posted in Bath & Body, Beauty, Features, How To
Tags: absorb, activate, aloe vera, apply lotion, Baby Oil Gel with Shea and Cocoa Butter, bath, beneficial to the skin, boost circulation, Botanical essential oils, broken skin, bromide, brushing movements, calcium chloride, cellulite, certified organic oil., circulatory system, collerbone, cool water, correct problem areas, cream, damp skin, decrease arthritic discomfort, dry skin, dry skin cells, dull skin, enriched, evaporated seawater, forearms, fresh and purely scented, grapefruit, harvested in the islands on the south atlantic coastline, healing, health-enhancing minerals, healthy dewy skin, how to get glowing skin, how to get healthy skin, invigorates, irritation, Italian Blood Orange Isla Das Rocas Revitalizing Sea Salt Scrub, Johnson's, light pressure, lime, lotion, lymphatic flow, magnesium, massage deeply, massage gently, metabolic cellular exchange, minerals, models, moisturize, moisturizing, naturally cooling, new skin cells, nutrients, oils, orange blossom, orange rind, pamper yourself, pasty skin, polish skin, potassium, protein and vitamin rich anti-oxidant, rapidly, Red Flower, rejuvenates, retain moisture, rids the skin of accumulated toxins, Salt crystals, salt scrub, scrubbing, sea algae, sea salt, secret weapon, shins, shiny, shower, silky-smooth, skin, skin rash, sodium, soft, soothe nerves, special occasion, supple, thick gel, thighs, thin skin, tip, tired skin, towards the heart, tricks, unclog pores, unrefined, Victoria's Secret, warm water