Makeup removing wipes can be a fast and effective way to clean your face. Great for travel, gym bag or just laziness – these wipes remove dirt, oil and makeup in a few swipes.
We have all been there… Too tired/lazy/champagne-induced to wash our face before bed. The nighttime hours are when your skin does the majority of it’s repair work. If you sleep with your makeup on, your skin can’t breathe and you will be missing out on allowing it to benefit from that crucial beauty sleep.
Makeup wipes cleanse, tone and moisturize in seconds. Just make sure you are using them properly. Instead of quickly rubbing the towelette all over the face – let the wipe soak on the face for a couple seconds. This allows the formula to start breaking-down makeup and impurities. Concentrate particularly on the eye area to avoid too much rubbing later. Gently rub the wipe, back and forth on the face. It will do the job of taking the makeup off for you.
A good facial wipe should have just the right amount of saturation – not too wet or too dry. It should also leave the skin feeling clean, fresh, soft and hydrated.
Here are my current four favorites:
Bioderma ~ Crealine H20 Wipes: around $18.00 (purchased in Paris..sorry)
*** Great for sensitive skin and eye area – these never make the eyes sting and take off everything with ease while toning the skin.
Josie Maran ~ Bear Naked Wipes: $12.00
*** Super hydrating and smell delicious.
MAC ~ Wipes: $20.00
*** These are amazing at taking everything off your face – however, I always wash my face after as the formula is a bit strong.
Aveeno ~ Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes: $6.99
*** The perfect wipe. Soothing, no stinging, face feels clean and fresh. Cost-Effective.
Regarded as the Queen of Cleansing, Eve Lom is one of the most acclaimed and sought-after facialists in the world. Her skincare philosophy is that when it comes to achieving great skin, less is more.
The basis of Eve Lom skincare regime is cleansing. The Eve Lom cleanser is concocted of a powerful blend of Egyptian chamomle, hops, clove, coccoa butter and eucalyptus oil that is suitable for all skin types. This product tones, exfoliates and cleanses all-in-one to achieve perfectly balanced skin.
The cleanser comes with a woven muslin cloth, used to improve skin circulation while cleansing and exfoliates the skin in minutes. It makes your skin feel baby soft and removes absolutely everything.
The Eve Lom Cleanser has been described by Vogue as the “best cleanser in the world” and is also a cult-product used by women all over the world.
EVE LOM CLEANSING TIPS:
- Once a day, at night, for normal/dry skin types
- Twice a day, morning and night, for oily/very oily skin types
- Massage a small amount onto the face and neck over grime and make-up from the day. At this stage the cleanser will remove all forms of make-up from the skin.
- Fill a basin with hot water and immerse the muslin cloth. Squeeze off excess water and gently press the cloth onto the face and neck for a few seconds. The heat will soften the skin and open the pores, allowing the aromatic oils to cleanse the skin of impurities. For the optimum cleanse, repeat this stage three times.
- Fold the hot, rinsed cloth into a square and work it in small, circular movements across the face and neck to remove all traces of Cleanser.
- The muslin will gently exfoliate the skin surface and encourage blood circulation, leaving the skin feeling exceptionally smooth.
- When using the Cleanser at night, add this step. Rinse the cloth in cool water and press onto the face and neck.
- This helps close the pores, giving the skin a more even, toned appearance. It also leaves the skin feeling fresh and ultra clean.