Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.
Jouer Cream Eyeshadow is the do-it-all eye product for quick, low maintenance makeup. Line, shade and/or contour your eyes with these easy-to-blend beauties.
These cream eyeshadows are like nothing I have tried before. Extremely lightweight in texture, the formula glides effortlessly onto the lids. They feel like velvet on the skin and the smudge-proof formula lasts all day. The consistency is both layerable and buildable providing options for a sheer or dramatic application.
Available in five gorgeous shades:
♦ Chiffon – shimmering ivory pearl
♦ Feather – shimmering pink champagne
♦ Organza – shimmering lavender taupe
♦ Cashmere – shimmering golden taupe
♦ Suede – shimmering golden bronze
When deciding on whether to use a cream or powder eye shadow, take into consideration factors such as your age and skin type. Powder eye shadows that contain shimmers may settle in wrinkles, fine lines and/or sagging eye lids. Cream shadow is a better option for women of age as they will create a smooth base. If you have very oily skin, using a cream eyeshadow can be frustrating. When combined with your skin’s natural oils, the eyeshadow may quickly smear or seep into the crease. This is an easy fix – as cream eyeshadows can also be used as primers. First apply your favorite cream eyeshadow then set with a powder or powder eyeshadow to absorb excess oil. Not only with the color last and last – but mixing these textures reveals beautiful dimension and light-reflecting properties.
All Jouer products offer a smart packaging solution. Constructed with interlocking sides, every product from lip gloss to face powder “snap-together,” making it easy to mix and match your favorites into the perfect palette.
I am currently having a small love affair with Jouer Cosmetics. Quality formulas, wearable colors and intelligent packaging – what more could you ask for. More reviews to come.
Everyday makeup couldn’t be easier with Urban Decay’s Naked Palette. Great for back to school, this palette contains every shade needed for neutral makeup looks.
This palette arrived for Fall 2010 and flew off the shelves. Now available as a staple in Urban Decay’s collection, the Naked Palette can be found wherever the brand is sold.
Urban Decay Naked Palette contains twelve shades, ten with shimmer or glitter and two matte. The two matte shades, Naked (beige-brown) and Buck (dark beige-brown) are two of the best shadows I have ever used. They can perform as eyeshadow, contour or even to fill-in light to medium colored brows.
Each of the twelve shades are soft, buttery and richly pigmented. Shades range from delicate champagnes and warm golds to rich chocolates and dark charcoals. The colors are universally flattering and can can be used on all skintones.
Included with the palette is a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion and a pro-quality “Good Karma” eyeshadow brush. This is an essential palette to have in your collection. With twelve beautiful neutral shades to choose from there are hundreds of looks that can be created.
Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit is a palette of two complementary powders, dark and light, that help contour, sculpt and correct the face structure.
Contouring provides definition to the face by accentuating and/or minimizing features. By simply adding shadows, which create dimension, one can sculpt cheekbones, thin/lengthen/shorten the nose and/or make face look thinner.
- Angled Brush
- A dark matte powder or cream (2 shades darker than skintone)
- A light matte powder or cream (1-2 shades lighter than skintone)
1. In order to find the contours of the face – make a fishy-face.
2. See diagram and apply where dark shade is placed. The diagram is for placement purposes only. Do not just draw a streak of color down the cheek. Blend…Blend…Blend…
3. See diagram and apply where highlighter is placed. Blend…Blend…Blend…
Contouring all of these areas is not necessary on everyone. Each face structure is different. Find the problem areas you would like to correct and go from there.