Wrinkle-Free: Madewell Boyjean in Linen Wash
A classic laid-back style for summer is white linen pants. Perfect for outdoor BBQ’s and days at the beach, linen keeps you cool but it can also turn into a wrinkled-mess.
A great alternative to the usual drawstring linen pant is Madewell’s Boyjean in Linen Wash. These pants are thin, lightweight and comfortable. They will keep you cool all summer and are a great transitional staple for work and play.
Stay crease and wrinkle-free with the linen-alternative.
How To: Nude Lip
Originally applied to downplay the rest of the face when having a dramatic smoky eye or a major blush moment, the nude lip has transcended from a trend to a classic.
Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.
Bare Necessities: Summer Intimates
During the summer months keep cool with lightweight bare-ly-there lingerie. Subject your intimates drawer to the same seasonal overhaul that your closet goes through. Put away the flannels and free the feather-weight options.
Opt for thin, lace skivvies, comfortable bralettes and seamless boyshorts. Sleep in delicate rompers, cami-sets and free-flowing tanks. With these comfortable and cool bare-ly there options your body and boyfriend will thank you.
Here are a few of my favorite bare necessities for summer:
Madewell ~ Perfect Racerback Tank: $25.00
Commando ~ Girl Short: $26.00
Victoria Secret ~ Lace Bandeau: $17.50
Victoria Secret ~ Lace Bralette: $24.50
Aubin & Willis ~ Hurstdene Polka-Dor Silk Pajama Playsuit: $85.o0
Cosabella ~ Dolce Soft Bra: $52.50
Cosabella ~ Dolce Boyshort: $35.00
Old Navy ~ Tank & Short Lounge Sets: $14.94
Hanky Panky ~ Signature Lace Low Rise Thong: $20.00