Perfectly – un-perfect hair is the only way to describe The Bend. Messy… “this is what I look like when I wake up” hair, that appears effortless, but takes a little work.
This look can be done simply with a flat iron, however, flat iron waves are tricky to master and never look uniform. The following technique is easy and controllable.
‣ Styling Cream
‣ Heat Protectant
‣ 1 – 1.5 inch Curling Iron
‣ Flat Iron
‣ Texturizing Spray or Hair Spray
‣ On second day hair, apply a styling cream to add some grip to the hair. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Cream
‣ Next apply some sort of heat protectant to the hair; spray/oil/cream. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Argan Oil
‣ With the curling iron, begin curling 3 inches down from the roots. Haphazardly curl entire head rotating the iron inward than outward. Don’t worry too much about shape of the curl – it will be fixed in a moment.
‣ Once hair is curled and cooled, take flat iron and straighten the ends of the all curls – at least 2 inches from bottom.
‣ If happy with the results, no need to go any further. If, however, some of the curls are “too curly/prom curls” – run the flat iron gently over them. This will remove the curly-ness and result in The Bend.
‣ Finish off the hair with a texturizing spray or hair spray. TRY: Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray.
The model in the picture is wearing extensions. This look is easier to achieve with some length. If you want to add some extensions, try these: SKR Hair. In a set of SKR Extensions you will receive ten wefts. One of the wefts in the set is an ingenious Quad Weft (4 strips of hair sewn-on to one strip). This piece can be worn with the other wefts or on it’s own. It is extremely comfortable and instantly adds length, volume and body.
Get Holiday Hair in a jiffy with a couple of easy steps.
✒ Roughly blow dry hair.
✒ Spray dry shampoo to the crown area – this will provide texture and volume.
✒ With a curling iron – wrap random/haphazard 1-inch sections around barrel for about 3-5 seconds (no need to clamp -looking for more of a bend/wave than curl).
✒ Spray each section with hair spray.
✒ Run fingers through the waves to break them up.
✒ Decide if you want a middle part or side part. Section off hair from forehead to 1/2 way to crown and spray with dry shampoo. This will make hair easier to work with.
✒Take one section and twist (or braid) hair and pin to the back of head. Pull on section to loosen. Repeat (if necessary) on the other side.
✒Spray with hair spray and tease sections for a messier look.