Steller Styler: ghd Gloss Collection Limited Edition
ghd, the global leader in professional hairstyling, introduces their new limited edition Gloss Collection. Available in two colors, red gloss or black gloss, the collection arrives just in time for the holidays.
Achieve a multitude of looks from gorgeous party curls to a sleek frizz-free straight style. This collection features ghd’s bestselling Classic 1″ Styler dressed in a gloss finish. It boasts breakthrough technologies such as an auto sleep mode, universal voltage and a signature rounded barrel. Styling plates are contoured with a high-gloss finish to glide through the hair effortlessly, while providing extra shine.
Available exclusively at ULTA, the Gloss is the best iron I have used. From curls, flicks and waves to sleek and straight style, this styler does it all. Extremely lightweight and easy to maneuver, creating new hairstyles have never been so easy.
How To: The Bend
Perfectly – un-perfect hair is the only way to describe The Bend. Messy… “this is what I look like when I wake up” hair, that appears effortless, but takes a little work.
This look can be done simply with a flat iron, however, flat iron waves are tricky to master and never look uniform. The following technique is easy and controllable.
‣ Styling Cream
‣ Heat Protectant
‣ 1 – 1.5 inch Curling Iron
‣ Flat Iron
‣ Texturizing Spray or Hair Spray
‣ On second day hair, apply a styling cream to add some grip to the hair. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Cream
‣ Next apply some sort of heat protectant to the hair; spray/oil/cream. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Argan Oil
‣ With the curling iron, begin curling 3 inches down from the roots. Haphazardly curl entire head rotating the iron inward than outward. Don’t worry too much about shape of the curl – it will be fixed in a moment.
‣ Once hair is curled and cooled, take flat iron and straighten the ends of the all curls – at least 2 inches from bottom.
‣ If happy with the results, no need to go any further. If, however, some of the curls are “too curly/prom curls” – run the flat iron gently over them. This will remove the curly-ness and result in The Bend.
‣ Finish off the hair with a texturizing spray or hair spray. TRY: Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray.
The model in the picture is wearing extensions. This look is easier to achieve with some length. If you want to add some extensions, try these: SKR Hair. In a set of SKR Extensions you will receive ten wefts. One of the wefts in the set is an ingenious Quad Weft (4 strips of hair sewn-on to one strip). This piece can be worn with the other wefts or on it’s own. It is extremely comfortable and instantly adds length, volume and body.
Textur-ific: Bumble & Bumble – Texture
I am a second-day hair girl… First day is too shiny, soft and manageable for my liking. I discovered the perfect product that achieves just the sort-of tousled/matte finish I yearn for.
Texture Creme by Bumble & Bumble is the best way to achieve the second day/un-done/dirty look. Simply apply to damp hair, let air-dry, or blow-dry for a more matte finish.