Does your skin get dull and lifeless with the change in weather? If so, illuminate with IllumiKate – Kate Somerville’s new CC Cream. This multifunctional tinted complexion correcting cream instantly minimizes the look of imperfections with buildable coverage. Broad spectrum SPF 50+ protects skin from the sun’s harmful rays while known brightening agents Arbutin, Licorice Extract and Natural Amino Acids help improve and even out skin tone for more luminous, younger-looking skin over time.
- Provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 50+ / PA+++ sun protection
- Albatin, Licorice Extract, and naturally occurring Arbutin help to brighten the appearance of discoloration
- Moisturizing Sodium Hyaluronate minimizes water loss and improves the appearance of skin
- Chicory Root Extract helps to improve the integrity of the skin’s natural barrier function
IllumiKate is a little thicker than your everyday face lotion and is extremely moisturizing. It blends well and offers light coverage with minimal build-ability. The dewy, “luminous” finish truly wakes-up the skin and provides healthy, fresh looking skin. There are five shades of IllumiKate, ranging from Extra Fair to Medium, so this product might not work on deeper skin tones.
If your winter skin needs an instant pick-me-up, try Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream.
Part foundation/part skincare, Kevyn Aucoin’s Sensual Skin Tinted Balm works to hide imperfections, even out skin tone and combat signs of aging.
Presumedly formulated as a lighter version of the Kevyn Aucoin cult favorite, Sensual Skin Enhancer the Sensual Skin Tinted Balm boasts a more liquid texture and sheer coverage.
- Treats with botanical rice extract, rich in peptides
- Increases cell longevity
- Induces a delay in aging
- Derivative of licorice soothes and calms the skin
- Conceals imperfections with light-weight pigments versus dense compounds
- Protects against UVA and UVB rays with a theoretic SPF 20 (see below)
- Oil-free, paraben-free and D5-free
The balmy-texture instantly melts into skin and provides a light coverage. Perfect for all skintones, the Sensual Skin Tinted Balm seems to contain illuminating properties that leaves the skin looking healthy, glowing and natural. It feels lightweight and nourishing and lasts all day on the skin.
As for the SPF properties, “theoretic SPF” simply means – like most foundations – it all depends on how you apply this foundation (light application/thick application) and not to rely on it alone – especially in UV lighting. I quite like this terminology and believe many other brands should say the same.
Available in four shades, Kevyn Aucoin’s Sensual Skin Tinted Balm will treat, protect and tint the skin to perfection.