⋄ Cream Eyeshadow that matches skintone or Eyeshadow Primer
⋄ Powder Eyeshadow that matches skintone
⋄ Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Powder Eye Shadow that matches Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Pencil Brush
1. Apply cream eyeshadow or primer over eyelid to create a smooth base. Apply matching powder eyeshadow to set.
2. Use kohl eye pencil to trace top lashline from the inner to outer corners (this does not need to be perfect).
3. With pencil brush – start smudging. The goal is to have the darkest line close the lashline as color fades up.
4. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and blend the color up and outward from the pencil liner. (the higher you take this on the eyelid the more dramatic the look).
5. On the lower lashline, use kohl eye pencil to create tiny dots between lashes.
6. With pencil brush – start smudging. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and smudge to set.
7. Use Q-Tip to clean-up. Finish with two heavy coats of black mascara.
Optional: For more drama, line upper and lower waterline.
Tip: I like to finish this look by sweeping a light soft brown eyeshadow in the crease. This will warm-up the entire eye area.
BECCA Eye Tint in Baroque covers all of these and more. The color is a pale mushroom beige with golden undertones. Perfect for all skintones, this color gives off the perfect sheen. The lightweight formula has a cashmere-feel that glides onto the eyelid smoothly. Water-resistant, this product will not smudge or gravitate into creases or wrinkles. Long-lasting and perfect for on-the-go application, using just fingers.
BECCA Eye Tints combine the easy and even application of a cream with the matte finish of a powder. It can be used alone or as a base, layered under powder eyeshadow. Any shadow placed on top will be more vibrant and true to color. It also acts as camouflage for fine veins and thin translucent skin on the eyelid.
TIP: Shake tube before using, formula can break-up inside applicator.
Gel-based eyeliners provide the look of liquid-liner but apply with the ease and control of a gel formula.
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners are my pick in this category. They are extremely pliable, long-wearing, water-resistant and are available in an array of 14 beautiful colors.
This award-winning liner feels light and silky on the skin. The texture is smooth, slippery and glides on the eyelid gracefully. This liner lasts all day, no flaking and stays put.
Like most gel-liners, packaging comes in a pot-form. This product does not dry-out as fast as others and will last a very long time because only the tiniest amount is needed. Use with any brush that you are most comfortable with. I prefer Chanel’s Pinceau 13 ultra fine eyeliner brush, it provides ultimate control and accuracy.
This product is truly in a league-of-its-own and once you have tried this eyeliner, it will seem very hard to use anything else.