How To: Nude Lip
Originally applied to downplay the rest of the face when having a dramatic smoky eye or a major blush moment, the nude lip has transcended from a trend to a classic.
Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.
Healthy Glow: Kevyn Aucoin – The Pure Powder Glow in Myracle
Radiant, youthful-looking skin is just a brush stroke away with Kevyn Aucoin’s The Pure Powder Glow in Myracle.
Formulated with Aucoin’s signature finely milled powders, The Pure Powder Glow blends seamlessly and lasts all day. The hot pink hue is completely matte, pigment-rich and beautifully shocking. If applied with a light-hand, it will create a soft, more ethereal look. If applied with a heavy-hand, it will create a more vibrant, radiant glow.
Myracle is designed to work on all skin tones and looks amazing all-year-long. It will add life to bronzed skin in the summer and enhance a natural flush to fair skin in the winter.
For an instant cheek lift, place your blush brush at the highest point of your cheekbone and apply color in a circular motion. It’s a Myracle!