Lip Lacquer: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars combine the longevity of a lipstick, with consistency of a gloss. 100% vegan and cruelty-free, OCC has created a truly innovative product.
Become your own alchemist with OCC Lip Tars. With 40 blendable shades, one is inspired to invent and create new colors of their own.
OCC Lip Tars contain an unprecedented amount of pigment and are very true to color. They have a very liquid consistency, which makes application difficult. For more precision, I suggest using a lip-brush.
Unlike traditional lipsticks, Lip Tars come packaged in a small squeeze tube. You only need a tiny bead of color for an application, so they last forever despite their small size. The product goes on very slick and moist and dries down to a satin finish. It feels lightweight and comfortable on the lips and is truly long-lasting. Formulated with Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tars feel as good on the lips as they look.
Lacquer your lips in high-impact color with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars.
How To: Nude Lip
Originally applied to downplay the rest of the face when having a dramatic smoky eye or a major blush moment, the nude lip has transcended from a trend to a classic.
Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.
How To: Perfect Red Lips
How To: Apply red lipstick (or any color) that is long-lasting and won’t feather.
✒Lip Liner (MAC Red)
✒Favorite Red Lipstick (Tom Ford Cherry Lush)
✒Apply a light coat of concealer to the perimeter of the lips and on-top of lips. This step will help the lipstick stay and obtain truest color.
✒Set concealer with powder to prevent lipstick from bleeding. Keep powder on the outer edges of the lips to prevent lips from looking dry.
✒Starting in the middle, use lip liner to fill in the lips. Layering is key when applying bright colors. The more layers applied, the longer to come-off.
✒Blend the liner using a flat lip brush.
✒Load the lip brush with color from the bullet of the lipstick. By getting more product on the brush initially, application is easier.
✒Use the lip brush to apply the first layer of lipstick.
✒Between layers, blot lips with a tissue to take away excess moisture.
✒Use the lip brush to apply the second layer of lipstick.
Optional: If you want some shine – add a clear gloss to only the center of both lips. This will make lips appear larger. I like using a clear gloss for high-shine, this way it will not alter the color.