Get Sweaty! Fitness Fashion
Revamp your fitness wardrobe with some new gear. New clothes that make you feel/look good is the best exercise motivation.
Some things to look for when purchasing activewear:
♦ Invest in good basics just as you would your day-to day wardrobe and stock up! Never use these excuses – “I have nothing to wear” or “nothing is clean“.
♦ Do your research. For instance: the little black dress of the fitness world is the black compression pant. Read reviews and try-on. Some brands can be very expensive and need to be hand-washed. Pass. Some brands are too thin and almost see-through. Pass. Some brands will fit you perfectly and you will want to live in them forever. Stock up on these!
Tip: Compression pants can also be worn as everyday leggings. Just look for ones that are not too shiny and seamless.
♦ If you perspire a lot, make sure your base layer will keep you dry and comfortable. Look for items with “wicking ability.” Moisture wicking fabric is a kind of fabric commonly used in workout clothing and sportswear that is designed to pull moisture away from the skin. The fabric draws sweat and perspiration off of the skin and out to the exterior of the fabric.
Tip: When washing moisture wick fabrics – pass on the dryer sheets and fabric softener – they coat the fabric, which prevents the wicking absorption.
♦ Baggy pants aren’t feasible for cycling or spinning, and flowing tops won’t keep you covered when in downward dog. Consider the activities you do most, and make sure the clothes you purchase are comfortable and appropriate for that activity.
♦ Buy what makes you feel good.
Fitness fashion is great motivation to get you moving. Go get sweaty!
Here are some of my favorite basics:
1. Under Armour: ‘Flow’ Long Sleeve Top: $49.99
2. Nike: Logo Sweatshirt: $50.00
3. Lululemon: Wandering Yogi Tank: $58.00
4. H&M: Basic Tank: $5.95
5. Under Armour: Women’s HeatGear Sonic Printed Shortsleeve: $29.99
6. Aerie: Slim Gym Yoga Shortie: $14.99 (sale)
7. Zobha: Straight Leg Capri: $68.00 (Ahhhh-Mazing!)
8. adidas by Stella McCartney: Essentials Three-Quarter Sweat Pants: $100.00
9. Zella: ‘Live In’ Mèlange Reversible Leggings: $58.00 (Ahhhh-Mazing!)
10. adidas by Stella McCartney: Run Performance Shorts: $52.00 (sale)