Lovely Lips: NARS Satin Lip Pencil
Posted by Ashling Moss
NARS Satin Lip Pencil is an uber-rich and creamy jumbo pencil that is long-wearing and hydrating. The formula consists of interesting ingredients like pomegranate and yeast extracts, hyaluronic acid, collagen pre-peptides and vitamin E to moisturize, soothe and create fuller-looking lips. These lip pencils provide great wear and intense color with a satin finish.
Available in 13 shades, ranging from nuanced nudes to arresting pinks and reds, use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product. Each of the 13 shades are named after parks around the world:
- Floralies– A light apricot inspired by the Montreal garden created for the 1980 International Floralies competition and featuring plots representing Canada, the United States, France, England, Mexico, Belgium and Italy.
- Isola Bella – A peach beige hue named in honor of the Palazzo Borromeo and its 19th century-era garden found in one of the Borromean Islands in northern Italy.
- Biscayne Park – A pink guava christened after the US National Park located in Southern Florida – the largest marine park in the National Park System.
- Lodhi – A vibrant coral named for the serene, Mughal-designed Lodhi (or Lodi) Gardens in Dehli, India.
- Rikugien – A rose pink inspired by the scenic Tokyo park constructed between 1695 and 1702 by the samurai Yanagisawa Yoshiyasu and named for the six elements of Japanese poetry.
- Yu – A shocking pink inspired by the Chinese garden located in the northeast of the Old City of Shanghai. Conceived during the Ming Dynasty, the Yu (or Yuyuan as it’s also known) means Garden of Happiness or Garden of Peace in English.
- Jardin Des Plantes – A fuchsia hue named for a botanical garden on the bank of the Seine in Paris. Part of the Museum national d’Histoire naturelle (National Museum of Natural History), the grounds include four galleries open to the public and a botanical school.
- Palais Royal – A stately hue befitting Paris’ 1st arrondissement palace and garden that was originally the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu until it became the property of the King in 1642.
- Majella – A rich garnet befitting the botanical garden in Via Colle della Madonna, Abruzzo, Italy – home to approximately 500 varieties of plants, including several species native to the Central Apennines or Mount Majella regions.
- Hyde Park – A cardinal red that lives up to its moniker as one of the largest Royal Parks in central London.
- Luxembourg – A vivid watermelon named after the second-largest public park in Paris, originally commissioned by Maride de Medici in 1611 and featuring a lawn dotted with more than 100 statues, monuments and fountains.
- Golshan – A spiced win shade named for the 127,000 – square meter Persian garden located in Fars Province, Iran that’s also the home to a former royal palace.
- Het Loo – A cognac color named for the richly decorated baroque garden located in Apeldoorn, Netherlands.
Posted in Beauty, Lips, Trends
Tags: 13 shades, all over color, arresting pinks and red, Biscayne Park, collagen pre-peptides, create fuller-looking lips, Floralies, Golshan, great wear, Het Loo, hyaluronic acid, Hyde Park, intense color, Isola Bella, Jardin Des Plantes, jumbo lip pencil, jumbo pencil, line the lips, lining, Lodhi, long-wearing and hydrating, Luxembourg, Majella, moisturize, named after parks around the world, NARS Satin Lip Pencil, nuanced nudes, pair with another lip product, Palais Royal, pomegranate, range, Rikugien, satin finish, soothe, uber-rich and creamy, Vitamin E, yeast extracts, Yu