Copper eyeshadow can make a bold statement and intensify the natural color of your eyes. However, if not applied correctly can also make eyes look tired, bloodshot and/or red.
To avoid looking like Marla Singer in Fight Club, choose an accent color to blend with the copper. Whether your copper is shimmery or matte, a deep matte tone blendeded with the metallic shade will look more natural. Because the copper is so bright, it should be used as your primary color rather than pairing it with another bright color.
- 2 Eyeshadow Brushes
- Copper Eyeshadow – Favorite: Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow
- Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow – Favorite: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked or Buck
Press eyeshadow brush into the Copper Eyeshadow. Tap the brush to remove any excess powder. Swipe the brush across the eyelid and blend up into the crease.
- Blend eyeshadow until you are satisfied with the color and shape.
Using the Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow, blend into the crease and outer “V” of the eye. Making this “V” area a little darker will make the eyes appear larger.
- Run a clean blending brush over your eyelid, using a quick circular motion. This will get rid of any harsh lines.
- Apply the Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow under the eye. If you have small eyes, sweep eyeshadow from the middle of the eye to outer edge. For more drama, blend a tiny bit of the Copper Eyeshadow into the matte color. Do not use a lot or eyes will look red and “angry.”
- Line eyes and apply lots of mascara.
Modify this look depending on your eyes shape and color.
Nothing lights up the face like a bright lip. One of my favorite makeup looks from Spring/Summer 2013 was Missoni. This neon coral lip is electric and fresh.
Off the runway – try this look with a barely-there face. Just a little mascara and blush/bronzer is all that is needed.
“Cosmic couture… Futuristic, aerodynamic, astral, light, beautiful and radiant.” – makeup artist Lucia Pieroni for MAC.
1. Mix together MAC Pro Lipmix in Fuchsia, Orange and White for a strong, vivid coral and use the MAC 316 Lip Brush to apply perfectly over the lips, keeping the edges noticeably straight.
2. Apply MAC Pro Pigment in Red Electric with the MAC 217 Blending Brush to set and matte the Lipmix, and provide a neon finish to the lips.
TIP: If you don’t want to mess with a myriad of products – try Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Shocking Coral or Vibrant Mandarin (my 2 favorites). For a matte look – dust some translucent powder or bright matte blush on top.
⋄ Cream Eyeshadow that matches skintone or Eyeshadow Primer
⋄ Powder Eyeshadow that matches skintone
⋄ Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Powder Eye Shadow that matches Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Pencil Brush
1. Apply cream eyeshadow or primer over eyelid to create a smooth base. Apply matching powder eyeshadow to set.
2. Use kohl eye pencil to trace top lashline from the inner to outer corners (this does not need to be perfect).
3. With pencil brush – start smudging. The goal is to have the darkest line close the lashline as color fades up.
4. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and blend the color up and outward from the pencil liner. (the higher you take this on the eyelid the more dramatic the look).
5. On the lower lashline, use kohl eye pencil to create tiny dots between lashes.
6. With pencil brush – start smudging. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and smudge to set.
7. Use Q-Tip to clean-up. Finish with two heavy coats of black mascara.
Optional: For more drama, line upper and lower waterline.
Tip: I like to finish this look by sweeping a light soft brown eyeshadow in the crease. This will warm-up the entire eye area.
With this look, you want to tone down all other parts of the face. However, if daring enough, my favorite party season look is cobalt blue eyeliner paired with a fuchsia lip. Create your favorite combination with these easy steps.
✒ Eye primer (Favorite: MAC Paint Pots)
✒ Matte White Eye Pencil (Favorite: NYX Milk)
✒ Bright Eye Liner (Favorite: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils)
✒ Matching Bright Eye Shadow Shade
✒ Prime the lids and under-eye with eye primer.
✒ With a matte white pencil, draw a baseline where the bright color will go. (this will inhance the vibrancy of the color and help with the shape of the line)
✒ Trace over the white pencil with the bright eye liner.
✒ For a more dramatic look, make the outside line a bit thicker than the inside and extend it just beyond the lash line.
✒ Optional: Apply the bright eye liner to the lower lashes, keeping as close to the lash line as possible.
✒ Dip the bright pencil into the matching eye shadow and trace over these lines to increase brightness and ensure longevity.
✒ Apply two heavy coats of mascara to add definition and emphasize the look.
This look can be altered depending on preference and eye shape. Experiment with color and thickness of the line. If intimidated: Start by lining the lower lash line with a bright color only and leave lid neutral. Bright eyeliner is a great way to change-up your makeup routine and attain instant drama.
Great color combinations:
BLUE: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil: Flipside & NARS Eyeshadow: Outremer
PURPLE: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil: Ransom & MAC Eyeshadow: Purple Haze
GREEN: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil: Mildew & Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Mildew
TURQUOISE: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil: Electric & MAKEUP FOREVER Eyeshadow: 72
PINK: MAKEUP FOREVER Aqua Pencil: 13L & MAKEUP FOREVER Eyeshadow: 75
Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara is the brand’s newest launch. This long-wearing mascara promises to instantly curl and lengthen lashes. Stila’s innovative lash-curl memory is formulated to “perm” the lashes over time.
The mascara’s wand is long and controlled. The brush is small and thin enabling it to coat and extend each lash, from base to tip. Eliminating the need for an eye-lash curler, this formula ultimately curls and conditions.
Perms are back with Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara.