Currently Coveting: Rag & Bone Small Pilot Bag.
Appropriately dubbed the “Pilot,” this is Rag & Bone’s inaugurate bag. First seen in the pages of Vogue last June and available for purchase in September, Marcus Wainwright, designer and managing partner, says this of the process:
It took like a year and a half. It was very difficult. Unless you launch a huge range of bags, which we didn’t think was the right thing to do, the other option is just to focus on one specific bag, which puts pressure on that bag to be absolutely right. So we spent a long time doing the wrong thing when we started a year and a half ago. About six months after we started that process, we took a step back and just started again by focusing on what we thought the Rag & Bone girl was and what her bag would look like, and I think that’s what we got in the end.
It’s taken from an old army helmet bag—that sort of influences where the shape came from, with those two front pockets. We felt a good place to start was the helmet bag just because it’s very practical, it’s a great shape and it has this sense of history that people are somewhat familiar with and that you can reinterpret and twist into something that is very Rag & Bone and very modern and it looks really cool. So the military influence that we reference in our collection again and again and again is there in the bag. The hooks that connect that strap are actually military hardware.
The Pilot is available in two sizes – small and large – and feature a crossbody strap for hands-free moments as well as top handles. Exclusive to Barneys and Rag & Bone online, one can purchase this bag in the following colors Black, Walnut, Navy, Mocha, Yellow and new for Spring Navy Floral.
Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.