▶ Starting at your feet, brush in small circular motions. All skin brushing movements should be focused towards the heart, this will encourage blood circulation and lymphatic flow. Apply very light pressure in areas where skin is thin to avoid broken skin, rashes, or irritation.
NARS Satin Lip Pencil is an uber-rich and creamy jumbo pencil that is long-wearing and hydrating. The formula consists of interesting ingredients like pomegranate and yeast extracts, hyaluronic acid, collagen pre-peptides and vitamin E to moisturize, soothe and create fuller-looking lips. These lip pencils provide great wear and intense color with a satin finish.
Available in 13 shades, ranging from nuanced nudes to arresting pinks and reds, use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product. Each of the 13 shades are named after parks around the world:
- Floralies– A light apricot inspired by the Montreal garden created for the 1980 International Floralies competition and featuring plots representing Canada, the United States, France, England, Mexico, Belgium and Italy.
- Isola Bella – A peach beige hue named in honor of the Palazzo Borromeo and its 19th century-era garden found in one of the Borromean Islands in northern Italy.
- Biscayne Park – A pink guava christened after the US National Park located in Southern Florida – the largest marine park in the National Park System.
- Lodhi – A vibrant coral named for the serene, Mughal-designed Lodhi (or Lodi) Gardens in Dehli, India.
- Rikugien – A rose pink inspired by the scenic Tokyo park constructed between 1695 and 1702 by the samurai Yanagisawa Yoshiyasu and named for the six elements of Japanese poetry.
- Yu – A shocking pink inspired by the Chinese garden located in the northeast of the Old City of Shanghai. Conceived during the Ming Dynasty, the Yu (or Yuyuan as it’s also known) means Garden of Happiness or Garden of Peace in English.
- Jardin Des Plantes – A fuchsia hue named for a botanical garden on the bank of the Seine in Paris. Part of the Museum national d’Histoire naturelle (National Museum of Natural History), the grounds include four galleries open to the public and a botanical school.
- Palais Royal – A stately hue befitting Paris’ 1st arrondissement palace and garden that was originally the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu until it became the property of the King in 1642.
- Majella – A rich garnet befitting the botanical garden in Via Colle della Madonna, Abruzzo, Italy – home to approximately 500 varieties of plants, including several species native to the Central Apennines or Mount Majella regions.
- Hyde Park – A cardinal red that lives up to its moniker as one of the largest Royal Parks in central London.
- Luxembourg – A vivid watermelon named after the second-largest public park in Paris, originally commissioned by Maride de Medici in 1611 and featuring a lawn dotted with more than 100 statues, monuments and fountains.
- Golshan – A spiced win shade named for the 127,000 – square meter Persian garden located in Fars Province, Iran that’s also the home to a former royal palace.
- Het Loo – A cognac color named for the richly decorated baroque garden located in Apeldoorn, Netherlands.
Tags: 13 shades, all over color, arresting pinks and red, Biscayne Park, collagen pre-peptides, create fuller-looking lips, Floralies, Golshan, great wear, Het Loo, hyaluronic acid, Hyde Park, intense color, Isola Bella, Jardin Des Plantes, jumbo lip pencil, jumbo pencil, line the lips, lining, Lodhi, long-wearing and hydrating, Luxembourg, Majella, moisturize, named after parks around the world, NARS Satin Lip Pencil, nuanced nudes, pair with another lip product, Palais Royal, pomegranate, range, Rikugien, satin finish, soothe, uber-rich and creamy, Vitamin E, yeast extracts, Yu
Fall is here. Along with the crisp mornings and turning leaves, you may have also noticed your skin feeling a little chapped and dry. When the season changes, so does your skin. This is a great opportunity to take advantage of the colder weather and ease your skin into the winter months gracefully.
Now is the time to seal in the hydration. Clarks’s Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask is designed to hydrate, nourish and comfort dry, aging, environmentally damaged and dehydrated complexions. Natural ingredients work together to deeply moisturize and replenish the complexion, allowing it to regain radiance and suppleness over time. With regular use, fine lines and wrinkles will be diminished and a youthful glow will take their place.
The mask hydrates and soothes skin quickly, and can be used year-round to nourish the skin and restore the natural glow. The high concentrations of algae extract, coupled with comfrey root, Jasmine Absolute, and Japanese Green Tea, make this mask a potent anti-oxidant treatment. It is thick and rich and instantly quenches the skin. It can be used as a weekly treatment or as a daily moisturizer. If used daily, only the smallest amount is needed. Skin will be noticeably plumper and hydrated.
Make a few tweaks in your seasonal skin care to ensure healthy, glowing skin all-year-round.
ABOUT CLARK’S BOTANICALS
Some skincare lines come and go. This year’s miracle ingredient is often next year’s outdated science.Then there are those exceptional lines that not only deliver results, but are truly compelling because they are based on real human experience and a brand narrative not created by a corporate marketing team, but by a personal history.
Clark’s Botanicals was born out of tragedy when company founder Francesco Clark, who then worked at Harper’s Bazaar, suffered a crippling spinal cord injury in a swimming pool diving accident on June 1, 2002.
With his central nervous system impaired, Francesco lost the ability not only to walk, but even to sweat. This led to clogged pores and chronic breakouts. When neither over-the-counter nor prescriptive remedies worked, he turned to his father, Dr. Harold Clark, a physician trained in both traditional Western medicine and homeopathy.
Together they developed botanically-based formulas that effectively rebalanced Francesco’s skin, clearing it up entirely. Through word-of-mouth, other people discovered and fell in love with these products, and in 2005, Francesco began selling Clark’s Botanicals on his website: http://www.clarksbotanicals.com
Even as the collection grows into a full-fledged skincare system, rebalancing skin remains its overarching objective. That’s why all Clark’s Botanicals products today feature Jasmine Absolute, a precious essential oil that naturally rebalances skin. Derived from nocturnally-blooming flowers, this extract is also antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and immuno-stimulating. It works to calm and heal a broad spectrum of skin types, from young to mature, oily to dry, and normal to sensitive.
With a passionate consumer following, Clark’s Botanicals is pleased to announce its latest move into select, prestige retail distribution with updated packaging and a launch family of thirteen paraben-free treatment products.
“Clark’s Botanicals is an organic part of me and my recovery,” says Francesco. “Everything about this line has a purpose and reason for being, from the ingredients to the packaging. It’s an expression of who I am in its purest form.”
Francesco Clark serves as a National Ambassador for the Christopher Reeve Foundation, which is dedicated to curing spinal cord injury by funding innovative research and improving the quality of life for people living with paralysis through grants, information and advocacy.
A percentage of profits from the sale of Clark’s Botanicals go to The Christopher Reeve Foundation.
Tags: aging skin, Algae Extract, chapped skin, Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask, cold weather, comfort, daily moisturizer, dehydrated complexions, dry skin, environmentally damaged, fall, fine lines, glowing skin, healthy skin, hydrate, hydrating, Japanese Green Tea, Jasmine Absolute, moisturize, natural ingredients, nourish, plumper skin, potent anti-oxidant treatment, quenches the skin, regain radiance, regular use, replenish, rich, seal-in hydration, seasonal skin care, soothing, suppleness, thick, transitional skin care, weekly treatment, wrinkles, year-round, youthful glow
Glowing skin is as easy as 1./2./3. For a special occasion or just to pamper yourself try these steps to achieve glowing, healthy skin.
1. Dry Brush: Rejuvenates, invigorates and rids the skin of accumulated toxins. Brushing the skin helps unclog pores, increase it’s ability to absorb nutrients, increase circulation to the skin cells resulting in a better metabolic cellular exchange and correct problem areas like cellulite. Healthy skin needs to breathe. Rid it regularly of dry skin cells and the body will react by producing new skin cells more rapidly. Your skin will immediately loose that dry, pasty appearance and feel silky smooth.
2. Sea Salt Scrub: Sea salt, derived from evaporated seawater, is chock full of minerals and nutrients beneficial to the skin: magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride, sodium and bromide. These nutrients activate the circulatory system, nourish the skin, soothe the nerves and decrease arthritic discomfort. A good sea salt scrub can breathe new life into tired dull skin.
▶ Gently massage the salt scrub into the skin. Again, start from the feet and work towards the heart. Let the scrub rest on your skin for a few seconds to all allow all oils to absorb in the skin. If you can tolerate it, alternate between warm and cool water to really boost circulation – always ending with the cool water.
Favorite: red flower Italian Blood Orange Isla Das Rocas Revitalizing Sea Salt Scrub The fresh scent of orange blossom, grapefruit, lime and orange rind offer instant spa-esque invigoration. Key ingredients include: Salt crystals (harvested in the islands on the south atlantic coastline) unrefined and enriched with health-enhancing minerals / Sea algae, a protein and vitamin rich anti-oxidant / Aloe vera, naturally cooling, healing and moisturizing / Botanical essential oils, fresh and purely scented and certified organic oil.
3. Moisturize: Apply lotion to damp skin immedietly after bath or shower, this is when skin will retain the most moisture. All of the scrubbing done prior, will increase the ability for nutrients to absorb into the skin. Massage deeply into the skin using your favorite cream or lotion and/or my secret weapon…
Secret Weapon: Johnson’s Baby Oil Gel with Shea and Cocoa Butter Ever wonder how Victoria’s Secret models get that healthy dewy skin? This is it. The thick gel locks in moisture for hours and leaves skin soft, supple and shiny. (If the consistency is too thick for you, start with favorite lotion and then apply this product strategically to tops of shins, thighs, forearms and collerbone.)
Tags: absorb, activate, aloe vera, apply lotion, Baby Oil Gel with Shea and Cocoa Butter, bath, beneficial to the skin, boost circulation, Botanical essential oils, broken skin, bromide, brushing movements, calcium chloride, cellulite, certified organic oil., circulatory system, collerbone, cool water, correct problem areas, cream, damp skin, decrease arthritic discomfort, dry skin, dry skin cells, dull skin, enriched, evaporated seawater, forearms, fresh and purely scented, grapefruit, harvested in the islands on the south atlantic coastline, healing, health-enhancing minerals, healthy dewy skin, how to get glowing skin, how to get healthy skin, invigorates, irritation, Italian Blood Orange Isla Das Rocas Revitalizing Sea Salt Scrub, Johnson's, light pressure, lime, lotion, lymphatic flow, magnesium, massage deeply, massage gently, metabolic cellular exchange, minerals, models, moisturize, moisturizing, naturally cooling, new skin cells, nutrients, oils, orange blossom, orange rind, pamper yourself, pasty skin, polish skin, potassium, protein and vitamin rich anti-oxidant, rapidly, Red Flower, rejuvenates, retain moisture, rids the skin of accumulated toxins, Salt crystals, salt scrub, scrubbing, sea algae, sea salt, secret weapon, shins, shiny, shower, silky-smooth, skin, skin rash, sodium, soft, soothe nerves, special occasion, supple, thick gel, thighs, thin skin, tip, tired skin, towards the heart, tricks, unclog pores, unrefined, Victoria's Secret, warm water
Glow-T’s Gift Guide continues with lips. Give the gift of kissable lips just in time for mistletoe. These holiday sets will moisturize, repair and color lips with a fantastic compilation of products. From a beautiful anniversary palette to a collection of must-have’s, here are a few ideas for the lipstick lover in your life.
TIP: Stretch these holiday sets by divvying them up. Use the lip products as gift-toppers to add something extra. Or make each one into tiny ornaments by adding a simple bow and hand out to friends and family.
Nordstrom ~ Bobbi Brown ’20th Anniversary’ Lip Palette: $60.00
Sephora ~ Fresh Mini Sugar Kissing Trio: $28.00
Macys ~ Bliss Fabulips Collection: $45.00
Sephora ~ Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip: $25.00
Sara Happ ~ The Gift Set by Sara Happ: $40.00
Tags: '20th Anniversary' Lip Palette, anniversary palette, benetint, Bliss, bobbi brown, buxom, collection of must have's, color, compilation, Fabulips Collection, fresh, gift guide, gift ideas, Glow-T Gift Guide, holiday sets, kat von d lipstick, kissable lips, lancome juicy tubes, lip balm, lip gloss, lip plumper, lip scleanser, lip scrub, lip slip, lips, lipstick, lipstick lover, Macys, Mini Sugar Kissing Trio, mistletoe, moisturize, Nordstrom, products, repair, Sara Happ, Sephora, Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip, Smashbox, Tarte, The Gift Set by Sara Happ
After a long weekend away, here are some of my newly discovered traveling essentials.
CLEAN Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Cream: As a germaphobe, this moisturizing hand cream promises to protect for a continuous four hours. Unscented, so perfect for in-flight application.
Dior Capture Totale Instant Eye Rescue: Sleep in a tube! The palladium applicator massages and cools the skin to instantly reduce puffiness and awaken the eye area.
MAC Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base: This bright coral blush gives an instant glow to the face with the tiniest amount of product. It can be used on the cheeks and lips and is easy to apply.
Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hair Spray: This felxible-hold hairspray protected my hair from the intense humidity. With a quick all-over spray, it locks out frizz all day.
Supergoop! SPF 30+ Save Face Serum: All-in-one SPF. Protect/Moisturize/Repair
Tags: Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hair Spray, cheeks, CLEAN Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Cream, cools, coral cream blush, Dior Capture Totale Instant Eye Rescue, eye area, frizz, germaphobe, hairspray, humidity, instant glow, intense, lips, long weekend, MAC Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base, massages, moisturize, palladium, protect, reduce puffiness, repair, sleep, Supergoop! SPF 30+ Save Face Serum, travel essentials, unscented
Want softer, healthy-looking skin…Exfoliate!
Your body is covered by a layer of dead skin cells. No matter how often you moisturize, these creams and lotions will not be able to penetrate the epidermis of the skin without sloughing away these dead skin cells.
A body scrub is made up of granulated particles that deeply clean the skin and unclog pores. These products single-handedly remove dead skin cells, dirt and oil. They also stimulate the skin and promote blood circulation which has been used to help with cellulite and even boost immunity.
Once you have removed the barrier of dead skin cells creams and lotions will be readily absorbed by the skin.
Origins Ginger Body Scrub is made with dead sea salts and ginger zest. This invigorating scrub smells delicious and removes all traces of roughness on the skin. It also contains moisterizing properties like Macadamia Oil, Soybean Oil, Jujui Nut Oil and Sweet Almond Oil.
When using a body scrub, gently rub all over body in circular motion and rinse off. The amount of pressure used is up to you. When having a scrub procedure done at a day-spa, they use an immense amount of pressure that can be slightly painful – but totally worth it. Don’t be afraid to work up a little sweat when applying. Make sure to moisturize immediately after to reveal your new skin, healthy and glowing.
Tags: absorbed, barrier, blood circulation, boost immunity, cellulite, circular motion, creams, day-spa, dead sea salts, dead skin cells, deep exfolliation, deeply clean, dirt, dry, epidermis, exfoliate, ginger zest, glowing skin, granulated particles, healthy-looking skin, invigorating scrub, Jujui Nut Oil, lotions, Macadamia Oil, moisturize, new skin, oil, Origins Ginger Body Scrub, penetrate, pressure, roughness, sloughing, Soybean Oil, stimulate skin, Sweet Almond Oil, unclog pores, wet