How To: Nude Lip
Originally applied to downplay the rest of the face when having a dramatic smoky eye or a major blush moment, the nude lip has transcended from a trend to a classic.
Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.
How To: The Bend
Perfectly – un-perfect hair is the only way to describe The Bend. Messy… “this is what I look like when I wake up” hair, that appears effortless, but takes a little work.
This look can be done simply with a flat iron, however, flat iron waves are tricky to master and never look uniform. The following technique is easy and controllable.
‣ Styling Cream
‣ Heat Protectant
‣ 1 – 1.5 inch Curling Iron
‣ Flat Iron
‣ Texturizing Spray or Hair Spray
‣ On second day hair, apply a styling cream to add some grip to the hair. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Cream
‣ Next apply some sort of heat protectant to the hair; spray/oil/cream. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Argan Oil
‣ With the curling iron, begin curling 3 inches down from the roots. Haphazardly curl entire head rotating the iron inward than outward. Don’t worry too much about shape of the curl – it will be fixed in a moment.
‣ Once hair is curled and cooled, take flat iron and straighten the ends of the all curls – at least 2 inches from bottom.
‣ If happy with the results, no need to go any further. If, however, some of the curls are “too curly/prom curls” – run the flat iron gently over them. This will remove the curly-ness and result in The Bend.
‣ Finish off the hair with a texturizing spray or hair spray. TRY: Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray.
The model in the picture is wearing extensions. This look is easier to achieve with some length. If you want to add some extensions, try these: SKR Hair. In a set of SKR Extensions you will receive ten wefts. One of the wefts in the set is an ingenious Quad Weft (4 strips of hair sewn-on to one strip). This piece can be worn with the other wefts or on it’s own. It is extremely comfortable and instantly adds length, volume and body.