Prevent smudging, creasing and caking with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. This lightweight primer keeps eyes looking fresh and “just-applied” all day.
Fortified with deep-sea and antioxidant rice extracts, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application. The formula is a transparent white cream that instantly creates a matte-effect on the eyelid (great for oily eyelids). This primer maximizes color for intense pigmentation and prevents fading and migration.
TIP: Having difficulties with under-eye concealer – vanishing/enhancing fine lines? Dab a thin layer of eyeshadow primer to the under-eye area before concealer application. The primer will fill in fine lines and keep the under-eye area looking fresh.
⋄ Cream Eyeshadow that matches skintone or Eyeshadow Primer
⋄ Powder Eyeshadow that matches skintone
⋄ Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Powder Eye Shadow that matches Kohl Eye Pencil
⋄ Pencil Brush
1. Apply cream eyeshadow or primer over eyelid to create a smooth base. Apply matching powder eyeshadow to set.
2. Use kohl eye pencil to trace top lashline from the inner to outer corners (this does not need to be perfect).
3. With pencil brush – start smudging. The goal is to have the darkest line close the lashline as color fades up.
4. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and blend the color up and outward from the pencil liner. (the higher you take this on the eyelid the more dramatic the look).
5. On the lower lashline, use kohl eye pencil to create tiny dots between lashes.
6. With pencil brush – start smudging. Dip pencil brush in matching eyeshadow and smudge to set.
7. Use Q-Tip to clean-up. Finish with two heavy coats of black mascara.
Optional: For more drama, line upper and lower waterline.
Tip: I like to finish this look by sweeping a light soft brown eyeshadow in the crease. This will warm-up the entire eye area.