How To: The Bend
Perfectly – un-perfect hair is the only way to describe The Bend. Messy… “this is what I look like when I wake up” hair, that appears effortless, but takes a little work.
This look can be done simply with a flat iron, however, flat iron waves are tricky to master and never look uniform. The following technique is easy and controllable.
‣ Styling Cream
‣ Heat Protectant
‣ 1 – 1.5 inch Curling Iron
‣ Flat Iron
‣ Texturizing Spray or Hair Spray
‣ On second day hair, apply a styling cream to add some grip to the hair. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Cream
‣ Next apply some sort of heat protectant to the hair; spray/oil/cream. TRY: Rusk Being Sexy Argan Oil
‣ With the curling iron, begin curling 3 inches down from the roots. Haphazardly curl entire head rotating the iron inward than outward. Don’t worry too much about shape of the curl – it will be fixed in a moment.
‣ Once hair is curled and cooled, take flat iron and straighten the ends of the all curls – at least 2 inches from bottom.
‣ If happy with the results, no need to go any further. If, however, some of the curls are “too curly/prom curls” – run the flat iron gently over them. This will remove the curly-ness and result in The Bend.
‣ Finish off the hair with a texturizing spray or hair spray. TRY: Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray.
The model in the picture is wearing extensions. This look is easier to achieve with some length. If you want to add some extensions, try these: SKR Hair. In a set of SKR Extensions you will receive ten wefts. One of the wefts in the set is an ingenious Quad Weft (4 strips of hair sewn-on to one strip). This piece can be worn with the other wefts or on it’s own. It is extremely comfortable and instantly adds length, volume and body.
How To: Bedhead Hair
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here is a quick How-To create sexy, tousled, bedhead hair.
‣ Texturizing Spray
‣ 1’in – 1.5’in Curling Rod or Iron
‣ Velcro Rollers or Duckbill Pins
‣ Hair Spray
‣ Shine Serum/Spray
⇢ Start with day-old hair. (Curl will hold better)
⇢ Apply Texturizing Spray from root to end. (By using this rather than a hair spray, will ensure that sexy tousled look.)
⇢ Using the curling rod, start about 3 inches down from the root and wrap 1 inch sections around the wand. Stop curling about one inch from the bottom of the hair, this will create a more natural wave.
⇢ Alternate the direction of the curl, front to back. (TIP: The bigger the section, the looser the wave. Haphazardly take smaller sections and bigger sections all over the head.)
⇢ Set each curl by wrapping the hair around a velcro roller – or – wrap the curl around two fingers and pin to head.
⇢ Let curls set for 10 minutes or until cool.
⇢ Carefully release roller or pin and apply hair spray.
⇢ Flip hair upside-down and run fingers through the hair, gently breaking up each curl. (If curls are tighter than preferred, the more you mess with them – the more they will drop.)
⇢ Add shine serum/spray.
Holy Grail: Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
Oribe Texturizing Spray is an invisible dry hair spray that creates incredible volume and texture. Patented polymers absorb oil at the roots, creating volumptuous-styled hair for days.
Many reviews have categorized this spray as a dry shampoo. I would not recommend this product for purely this reason, it is so much more. One mist of this texturizing spray creates a dry-matte grip and massive body in the hair. Yes… It will absorb oil but this product creates a dry and almost crispy hair texture, so a small amount is all that is needed.
Perfect for creating up-dos and trendy styles, braids, twists and/or messy buns. This spray is perfect for obtaining ‘beachy’ texture and instant second-day hair. This body-building spray dries to an invisible finish leaving no white residue and smells wonderfully citrusy with a hint of musk.
Oribe Texturizing Spray transcends flat hair to full hair. Try-on some texture today.
How To: Bohemian Braids
Create Bohemian-style braids in minutes.
✒ On damp hair, apply a styling aid. (preference: Bumble & Bumble Texture)
✒ Air-dry or Blow-dry
✒ Braid! Create small individual braids sporadically or for a braided-headband: Part hair in three sections (2/sides – 1/back) braid each side and wrap from ear-to-ear – pin to place.
✒ Modernize this look with the following tip. Spray each fastened braid with a dry shampoo (preference: Psssssst) – hold braid at the band and then muck it up! Distort braid by pulling/stressing/tugging at the hair.
✒ Hairspray or for added body use a texturizing hairspray (preference: Oribe Texturizing Spray)