Currently Coveting: Rag & Bone Small Pilot Bag.
Appropriately dubbed the “Pilot,” this is Rag & Bone’s inaugurate bag. First seen in the pages of Vogue last June and available for purchase in September, Marcus Wainwright, designer and managing partner, says this of the process:
It took like a year and a half. It was very difficult. Unless you launch a huge range of bags, which we didn’t think was the right thing to do, the other option is just to focus on one specific bag, which puts pressure on that bag to be absolutely right. So we spent a long time doing the wrong thing when we started a year and a half ago. About six months after we started that process, we took a step back and just started again by focusing on what we thought the Rag & Bone girl was and what her bag would look like, and I think that’s what we got in the end.
It’s taken from an old army helmet bag—that sort of influences where the shape came from, with those two front pockets. We felt a good place to start was the helmet bag just because it’s very practical, it’s a great shape and it has this sense of history that people are somewhat familiar with and that you can reinterpret and twist into something that is very Rag & Bone and very modern and it looks really cool. So the military influence that we reference in our collection again and again and again is there in the bag. The hooks that connect that strap are actually military hardware.
The Pilot is available in two sizes – small and large – and feature a crossbody strap for hands-free moments as well as top handles. Exclusive to Barneys and Rag & Bone online, one can purchase this bag in the following colors Black, Walnut, Navy, Mocha, Yellow and new for Spring Navy Floral.
Regarded as the Queen of Cleansing, Eve Lom is one of the most acclaimed and sought-after facialists in the world. Her skincare philosophy is that when it comes to achieving great skin, less is more.
The basis of Eve Lom skincare regime is cleansing. The Eve Lom cleanser is concocted of a powerful blend of Egyptian chamomle, hops, clove, coccoa butter and eucalyptus oil that is suitable for all skin types. This product tones, exfoliates and cleanses all-in-one to achieve perfectly balanced skin.
The cleanser comes with a woven muslin cloth, used to improve skin circulation while cleansing and exfoliates the skin in minutes. It makes your skin feel baby soft and removes absolutely everything.
The Eve Lom Cleanser has been described by Vogue as the “best cleanser in the world” and is also a cult-product used by women all over the world.
EVE LOM CLEANSING TIPS:
- Once a day, at night, for normal/dry skin types
- Twice a day, morning and night, for oily/very oily skin types
- Massage a small amount onto the face and neck over grime and make-up from the day. At this stage the cleanser will remove all forms of make-up from the skin.
- Fill a basin with hot water and immerse the muslin cloth. Squeeze off excess water and gently press the cloth onto the face and neck for a few seconds. The heat will soften the skin and open the pores, allowing the aromatic oils to cleanse the skin of impurities. For the optimum cleanse, repeat this stage three times.
- Fold the hot, rinsed cloth into a square and work it in small, circular movements across the face and neck to remove all traces of Cleanser.
- The muslin will gently exfoliate the skin surface and encourage blood circulation, leaving the skin feeling exceptionally smooth.
- When using the Cleanser at night, add this step. Rinse the cloth in cool water and press onto the face and neck.
- This helps close the pores, giving the skin a more even, toned appearance. It also leaves the skin feeling fresh and ultra clean.